The office of Human Resources works as a partner to drive excellence in the City of Aventura in:
- Recruitment of qualified individuals.
- Retention of valuable employees.
- Training, development and education to promote team and individual success and increase overall value to the City.
- Administering compensation and benefit plans that include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability and retirement.
- Manage employee relations that provide education, training, mentoring and guidance to individual employees, supervisors, managers, and directors that address workplace issues.
- Ensures consistent practices are followed in compliance with local, state and federal law, collective bargaining agreement and City policies.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the City of Aventura that it shall not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, creed, sex, age, religion, sexual preference, national origin or physical or mental disability.
We have gone paperless and all applications and current job openings are now online at cityofaventura.com/jobs. We do not accept any unsolicited resumes or applications for jobs not listed online.
In accordance with the provisions of the America with Disabilities Act (ADA), persons requiring special accommodation to participate in the employment process should contact the Human Resources Office for assistance at 305-466-8911.
Applicants claiming Veterans Preference must submit completed form and documentation substantiating claim with employment application. Download Veterans Preference Form. Refer to floridavets.org/benefits/veteranspref.asp for more information regarding Veterans’ Preference.
Requests for employment verifications may be emailed firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 305-466-8919, Attention Human Resources. Please include the signed authorization to release information.