|City Operational Statuses|
The City of Aventura is following the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Florida Department of Health and Miami-Dade County regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and its reopening phase. Updates are provided as necessary.
Government Center & City Services
Government Center - 19200 West Country Club Drive
The Government Center remains open for essential business only.
Community Development Department - Building and Local Business Tax Receipt Divisions
The Building Division Customer Service Counter is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Four (4) customers may come to the counter at a time. Sign-in at the security desk with your cell phone number and you will be called in order of sign-in. Please wait in your car or outside until called. Face Coverings are required.
For more information:
- Building Division (Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.)
- Local Business Tax Receipt - (Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.)
Aventura BCycle bike rentals are operating as normal.
The Aventura Express Shuttle Bus - Normal Operations
The Aventura Express Shuttle Bus is operating as usual with restrictions. All passengers are required to wear a face covering. No passenger will be allowed to board any Express bus without a face covering. A face covering needs to cover a person’s nose and mouth. Visit the Aventura Express Shuttle Bus webpage. For more information, contact the Public Works/Transportation Department at 305-466-8970.
Intersection Safety (Red Light Camera) Hearings
All Intersection Safety (Red Light Camera) hearings that were previously postponed have now been rescheduled with a new date. Watch for a letter by mail for your new hearing date and time. For more information contact Code Compliance by phone at
305-466-8941 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aventura Police Department
Aventura Police Department’s lobby, records, and property division are closed to the public and only available by telephone or email.
- Records (Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.)
305-466-8080 (select option #4)
- Property & Evidence (Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
305-466-8989 ext. 8145
- Police Non-Emergency 305-466-8999
- Emergency: 911
City Events, Programs & Activities
Registration is available for a few programs and activities. Visit the City's Online Registration System at cityofaventura.com/ors for the complete catalog.
- Unless otherwise mentioned, all regularly scheduled City events are suspended until further notice.
Parks & Recreation Center
Parks are open to Aventura residents only with proper identification. Learn more about obtaining an Aventura ID or contact the Community Services Department at 305-466-3883 or via email at email@example.com.
Playgrounds & exercise equipment at the parks are open. Use at your own risk. Please be advised that the amenities(playground and exercise equipment) are not sanitized after each use.
|All City parks are open, including Founders Park (and SplashPad), Founders Park South, Peace Park, Veterans Park, Waterways Park, and Waterways Dog Park. Click here to review the schedule.|
Community Recreation Center - 3375 NE 188 Street
- Aventura City of Excellence School and Don Soffer Aventura High School follow the decisions made by Miami-Dade County Public Schools (MDCPS) and are currently open. For Miami-Dade County school district information and updates please visit dadeschools.net.
Aventura Arts & Cultural Center
- The Aventura Arts & Cultural Center is open, and welcoming back audiences with a slate of must see shows presented with limited capacity and physically-distanced seating.