The City of Aventura announces a daytime Fall Care program for school age students in grades kindergarten through fifth grade (K-5).
Starting on Monday, August 31, 2020
Monday through Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Unless otherwise specified, the program will be held at the Aventura Community Recreation Center located at 3375 N.E. 188 Street.
With the start of an unprecedented academic school year, this program provides support for students as they participate in distance learning.
Children will be offered supervision for their distance learning assignments in a structured, school-like setting giving them the opportunity to socialize with friends in an environment where physical distance is a top priority.
- Each child must bring their own laptop computer, headphones with a microphone, textbooks, school supplies, snacks, lunch, and refillable water bottle.
- Parents will be responsible for providing staff an outline of their child’s daily class schedule.
- If scheduling permits, children will also be able to enjoy plenty of outdoor play activities and arts & crafts under supervision to ensure safety.
Drop-off and pick-up procedures will be conducted in an orderly curbside matter outside of the facility. All children must be signed in to the program no later than 8:00 a.m. Pick-up procedures will begin at 4:00 p.m.
Registration for the Fall Care program is now open for residents. Non-resident registration will open on Monday, August 24 at 9 a.m. pending availability. Complete details and rates are available online at cityofaventura.com/ors, the City’s Online Registration System (ORS).
Participants must be registered prior to attending the program. Registration can be completed exclusively online only. Please visit cityofaventura.com/ors to complete the registration with a valid and existing new account. A NEW account on the City’s Online Registration System (ORS) must be created in order to register. All Aventura household accounts registered in the previous system prior to June 1, 2020 must create a new account in the new system by following a few simple steps:
- Click the Register for Programs link at cityofaventura.com/ors.
- On the new ORS dashboard page, find and click the Create Account button.
- Follow the instructions to set up the account including family members.
- Upload picture(s) to be used for identification.
- Verify address and residency.
Health & Safety
Please be advised that complete details may be subject to change due to the evolving safety restrictions and guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Florida Department of Health (FDOH), and Miami-Dade County. In response to the Coronavirus pandemic and the return to the new normal phases of operations, the City of Aventura’s Community Services Department carefully planned and prepared the Fall Care program with guidelines to safely protect the health and welfare of the community it serves.
For more information, contact the City of Aventura Community Services Department at 305-466-3883 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.