City of Aventura November 3, 2020 General Election
On November 3, 2020 the City of Aventura will hold an election for Seats 1 and 5 on the City Commission. The Official Sample Ballot for the City of Aventura November 3, 2020 General Election can be viewed at: https://www.miamidade.gov/elections/library/sample-ballots/2020-11-03-municipal.pdf.
Please review the following information regarding the upcoming November 3, 2020 General Election:
- Monday, October 5, 2020 (Voter Registration Deadline) – The state voter registration deadline for this election is Monday, October 5, 2020. The Miami-Dade County Elections Headquarters in Doral (2700 N.W. 87th Avenue) will be open from 8:00 a.m. until midnight and the Stephen P. Clark Center satellite office (111 N.W. 1st Street, Miami) will be open from 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. Information on registering to vote can be found at: https://www.miamidade.gov/global/service.page?Mduid_service=ser1482258761076685..
- Beginning Tuesday, October 13, 2020 (Canvassing Board Schedule) – Information on the Miami-Dade County Canvassing Board for the November 3, 2020 General Election schedule.
- Wednesday, October 14, 2020 (Logic and Accuracy Test) – The Miami-Dade County Elections Department is conducting the state-required Logic and Accuracy Test, starting at approximately 10:00 a.m., at the Elections Headquarters in Doral (2700 N.W. 87th Avenue). Equipment is thoroughly tested prior to deployment to Early Voting and Election Day voting locations for this election. View the schedule.
- Monday, October 19, 2020 through Sunday, November 1, 2020 (Early Voting) – Early Voting will be held in Aventura at the Northeast Dade-Aventura Branch Library (2930 Aventura Blvd.) and at 32 other locations located throughout Miami-Dade County from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. For a list of locations and wait times during the official Early Voting period, please visit: https://www.miamidade.gov/global/service.page?Mduid_service=ser1511962555914873.
The Official Sample Ballot for the City of Aventura November 3, 2020 General Election can be viewed at: https://www.miamidade.gov/elections/library/sample-ballots/2020-11-03-municipal.pdf.
The Official Sample Ballot for the November 3, 2020 General Election, not including the City of Aventura ballot content, can be viewed at: Sample Ballot.
Official Ballot Drop Boxes for mail ballots will be provided at all Early Voting locations from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and at four (4) sites on the Monday before Election Day and on Election Day. Locations are on pages 9 and 11 of the Sample Ballot.
- Saturday, October 24, 2020 (Request for Mail Ballot Deadline) – Per state law, any voter who wishes to have a mail ballot sent to their home must submit their request no later than 5:00 p.m. on this day. Requests may be submitted online, over the phone, in person, in writing or faxed to the Miami-Dade County Elections Department. For additional information, visit: https://www.miamidade.gov/global/service.page?Mduid_service=ser1512065909614490.
- Tuesday, November 3, 2020 (Election Day) – On Election Day, polls will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and voters must go to their assigned voting location. The polling location list for the City of Aventura is available at: https://www.cityofaventura.com/173/Voting.
Please refer to your Voter Information Card for your polling location. All voters should view their assigned voting location, http://www.miamidade.gov/elections/voter-information.asp, before going to the polls.
- Continued Features due to COVID-19 – The Miami-Dade County Elections Department will continue with all COVID-19 procedures to protect the health and safety of voters, poll workers and poll watchers amidst the pandemic. Health and Safety In-Person Voting Fact Sheet for Voters: English, Spanish and Creole.