Obtain a Police Report
Traffic Report Requests Less Than 60 Days from Date of Accident
- Complete and print out the Request for Traffic Crash Report Information (PDF) form. You may fill out the form using your computer; however, a hard-copy must be printed and signed. You may fax the form to 305-466-8998.
- Submit a copy of the driver's license belonging to the person involved in the accident.
- If you are the owner of the vehicle, submit a copy of the vehicle registration as well.
- Legal representatives and insurance companies representing the parties involved must complete the traffic crash report information form.
- Accident reports can be faxed to you.
Beyond 60 Days from Date of Traffic Accident & All Other Requests
- For all other requests, reports may be faxed to a local fax number (305 or 954 area code), and no additional forms are needed.
- You may fax your request by phone to 305-466-8998.
- Records requests will be fulfilled within 48 hours of receipt. Please call the Records Department with any questions about your request at 305-466-8080.
Incident Reports Request
- Incident reports can be obtained via mail, fax or in person.
- Mail requests must include name, case number, contact number, and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE).
- Fax requests must include the case number, name, contact number and the fax number the report is to be faxed. International fax numbers are not permitted.
- Reports can be picked up in person between the hours of 8:30 a.m. through 8 p.m.
- If reports contain confidential information or are under investigation, please contact the City of Aventura Police Records Department for further instruction about obtaining reports.